Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thanksgiving Whirlwind

As you could probably gather from the title of this post, Thanksgiving weekend was a whirlwind of friends, family, food, laughter, and a whole lot of love! Apart from three Thanksgiving meals with family, we got to celebrate Jon's best friend get married too!

Friday night we went out to the delicious rehearsal dinner and ended the evening with a spur of the moment date with my love! He took me out for a night cap and creme brule! Saturday we had a delicious ham dinner with my family and as usual played Scrabble! 

Sunday was our really busy day! We woke up that morning and thankfully had all our bags packed or we would have be really behind schedule. We left Livi with my mom because she was going to go to the Wiggles with her Aunties that day! I had bought tickets for us forgetting that we had a wedding to go to. I couldn't sell them so Livi still got to use her ticket and "she" invited her Auntie Lisa, who was visiting the mainland for the weekend, to take my place! Livi had a blast, and Auntie Lisa enjoyed seeing Livi have fun... I'm not sure that the Wiggles was her first choice in concerts :)

After we said goodbye to Livi, I dropped Jon off to hang out with the Geoff and the rest of the grooms entourage. Jon was the best man. I went to finish up my make up and make an appearance at Jon's extended family gathering's annual Thanksgiving wiener roast! The wedding started and the bride looked gorgeous, the groom cried, my husband looked dashing up there in his suit :) The party as a lot of fun! Good food, friends and I actually enjoyed dancing! I'm not a dancer but I let loose and danced the night away... thanks to a few drinks :) 

Monday we enjoyed a lovely breakfast and conversation at a cute little coffee shop in Fort Langley with some friends and then went to meet up with Livi, who had stayed the night at Jon's mom's house after the concert. We had yet another delicious meal that afternoon of Wetaskiwin Ribs. No turkey this year but that was fine with me :) Everything else more than made up for that!

It was a really great weekend. I have a lot to be thankful for... I'm thankful for my family, for precious moments with Livi, cuddles and love with my husband, good talks with my mom, laughter with my sister, and even china pictures from my brother! I'm so thankful for all the supportive, understanding and tolerating friends in my life that make me laugh, listen to me when I bitch and push me out of my comfort zone. I'm grateful for my beautiful grandparents who have taught me so much. I am also thankful for good food, great alcohol, family weekends, sleep, a child that sleeps, fireplaces, fall sunshine, flowers, sushi, Egyptian cotton sheets, beautiful dresses, cameras, music, pedicures, the allure of princesses to little girls, Glee, massages, Christmas, okay... I'm slowing down now so instead of trying to think of more stuff I'm just going to end :) Happy (slightly late) Thanksgiving Everyone!

3 comments:

Louise Chapman said...

Glad you had such a great wedding. I guess you and Melissa (vost) know each other then, she is a friend of mine:) small world!

LeAnna (and David) said...

sounds like an awesome weekend!!!

Katie said...

I don't really know that Melissa. I've only seen her a few times at the various wedding gatherings. She is the one that has adopted too right? We did have a good conversation on attachment at the shower!