Monday, February 8, 2010

All About Livi


I haven't done a post dedicated just to Livi in a VERY long time. I don't know why. I think there has just seemed to be a lot of other things occupying my thoughts and I use this blog to process my thoughts. Well, I want to take a minute and tell you how much I am enjoying my darling "baby" girl.

She was imitating her Uncle Sean burping here :S

I still think of her as my baby, maybe she'll always be my baby, but sometimes she'll give me a look and I see a 25 year old girl staring back at me. It is such a weird feeling. She is growing up so fast. She has all four of her eye teeth now. I think that means she has 16 teeth. How many teeth do kids get?

She is consistently wearing size 3 clothes! The main reason for this is her cloth diapers. Size 3 is way to long on her but fits over her bum. Without the diapers she is a size 2. I've been seriously thinking of trying to potty train her. She is showing all the signs of maybe being ready for it. She stays dry for longer periods of time, loves sitting on the toilet (but is yet to use it), can tell me when she has gone poop, and she knows the concept of pulling her pants down but she can't get them over her cloth bum. I think we are going to move to disposables soon and try out some training pants. I was going to wait until March though when she'll be at least 18 months. Maybe I'm rushing in to it but it can't hurt to try, right? If it works I'll be saving us a bunch of money on diapers and trouble with changing diapers.


I put her in training pants that have a cooling sensation if she pees in them. Of course, she did pee in them. When she did, she stopped, looked down at her diaper and looked back at me saying "Whoooooaaa." It made me laugh :D

She is talking tons! She copies the last word of every phrase we say.... good and bad. She has been saying a few sentences for a while now but lately that is taking off. Her first official sentence was "where'd it go?" and lately she has been saying "I love you" "What happened?" and a few more that I can't think of right now.


She has really taken off with her climbing. She was never too interested in it until now. She can get up on to chairs now and would go up on the table if we let her. She has discovered how to move the chairs around to reach things that she wants too. We could be in for some very serious trouble soon.



Her fine motor skills seem to be off to a bit of a slow start but she has started building towers and trying to do her puzzles. She is an excellent helper. She can follow instructions very well. She takes things to the garbage for me, hands me all the laundry out of the front load washing machine so I can put it in the dryer,  she puts things in her laundry basket, picks and brings out her shoes (she can usually get them matching too but generally picks her brown ones) and can put them away, and she can brush her teeth... sort of.


She identified the letter C this morning! I was excited. We have a book that goes over ABC and 123. I didn't know she was getting any of it yet. Then, this morning, a cartoon was on without the sound, and the letter C appeared. Livi pointed and said C! I was pretty excited :)

Yes... she is that kid.

She is OBSESSED with the Muppet's cover of Bohemian Rhapsody and very demanding about it. She sings along and copies their actions. It is quite cute but she would watch it twenty times a day if we'd let her. There are much worse things she could be in to so I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts.


We have Livi in swimming lesson's right now and she is doing really great. She can paddle, kick and is getting really good at blowing bubbles with out inhaling water after. She can also walk in water completely on her own, even if it is up to her shoulders! I try to stay really close though, but she has so much energy it is hard some times.


 

We went to the park today. I've been trying to get outside with her as much as I can in this beautiful weather! Her Auntie Sessa came with us and helped me chase after her... and fight her to come home. She didn't want to leave and didn't want to hold my hand on the road. I'm trying to teach her that it is not a choice to hold my hand. But, with a one year old who trows herself down until I finally let go, it is proving to be a difficult lesson.


I guess that's all for now. I can't think of anything else. I love my daughter. She is incredible, a contstant source of amusement and lights up every day! I can't wait to expand our little family :D

1 comments:

emily said...

Uh oh, did Mosey teach her some of his naughty climbing skills?!

We must get together for another playdate soon. Perhaps meet at the park!