Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Update Post

I think I'm due for an update post...

Lifestyle change update:

Although my meal plan has slightly gone out the window, I have managed to keep a few of the original goals. No junk food has been in the house. I've only cheated with junk food a handful of times. I've been eating five smaller meals a day and doing very well at maintaining portion control and balance of carbs, fats and protiens. I'm eating a lot more fruits and veggies and some of the meals from the meal plan have been incorporated in to our every day eating. I would like to get back on to the meal plan more routinely but I'm not stressing about it because I know I am doing so much more than I ever have.

I can fell myself changing. I have more energy. I officially have pants that are too big for me! Clothes that were tight before are fitting perfectly and getting to big! My bathing suit that used to leave a line across my stomach from the rouching pattern on it doesn't leave a line anymore! I have an appointment to weigh and measure myself tomorrow so there will be an update about the actual numbers soon.

Livi Update:

Livi had her 18 month check-up yesterday. I can't believe that my baby is 18 months old in five days! She is completely healthy and doing well. I was sure she was going to weigh over 30 lbs ... since she was 24lbs 6 months ago. She is only 26.5lbs! I was shocked. She feels a lot heavier!. I don't completely trust the doctor's scale. When she gets her vaccinations in two weeks I'll be able to get more accurate measurement on her.

I'm not worried about her lack of weight gain. She is healthy, growing well, not overly skinny. She has become some what of a pickier eater. I wouldn't say she IS a picky eater... just pickier than is normal for her. I guess that goes with her age though.

She put herself in time out today. It was awesome. She spit water at me and I told her to go to time out. She ran over to the time out spot by the front door and turned around until I was finished counting to 30, then came back and gave me a hug and kiss. How cute is that! I've only really been enforcing it for opening the fridge door (which she does all the time) for the last two days and she already gets it! Well, maybe she doesn't get it, but she knows the routine!

Adoption Update:

We are trying to sift through a lot of burocracy. There is so much to consider. So many different rules for each different country. We might have to change agencies because our original agency doesn't work in one of the countries we are seriously considering. The cost for our lastest country of interest is more than any others. I tend to get a bit stressed about the details and finances but Jon has an "it will all work out some how" attitude. It is actually really refreshing. He is being so positive about it, which is slightly uncharacteristic. It does help to ease my mind and keep me convinced that we are doing the right thing. So much uncertainty though.

We can't do an actual commitment to a waiting chuld until we know which counrty we'll be able to adopt from. I so want to know what my daughter looks like and start showing her picture off to people :) I think this is a lesson in patience and faith. I don't have much of those sometimes.

1 comments:

LeAnna (and David) said...

i love the feeling of loosening clothes. plus it's a good excuse to go shopping!

and I agree with Jon (but don't tell him because it might go to his head)--I think when we are called to do something greater than us (or at least greater than our perceptions) miracles often happen. Faith seems to make the impossible possible, but always in unexpected ways that don't follow our plans. I think that it's part of God's way of showing us that we really don't have it all figured out, no matter how smart and organised we are. And I think it always works out better than our plan, because we get to experience extra blessings along the way.