Monday, June 27, 2011

Introducing...

This is the post that I have been waiting 1 year, 4 months, and 3 weeks to write...

Livi (and Mommy and Daddy) has a VERY big announcement to make....

That's right... Jon and I are legally the parents to Sofie Adina Diyana B****l!

I just happened to check my email from my phone up here camping in Summerland and found that the order has been miraculously granted!!!!!

 This was the first picture we got of her. 

The rest of these photos were take by our Bulgarian agency when they went to get information for us.
They were terrible with focusing the camera but there is a good video on our Facebook pages you can see!

Sofie is a version of the Greek name Sofia. It means Wisdom. 
We chose this name because we liked it and it seemed to fit. We preferred the "f" spelling instead of the "ph" because it is the European way to spell it (English and French spell it with a 'ph'). Since she is Eastern European we thought that was appropriate. The fact that Sofia also happens to be the capital city of Bulgaria is just an added bonus!

Adina is a combination of our Grandmothers names.
My Grandma is named Agnes and Jon's Grandma is Dina. 
After we chose it, we realized it was a real name of Hebrew origin meaning Delicate, Noble or Gentle.
Pronounced ah-DEE-nah.

Diyana is Sofie's Bulgarian birth name. 
From what I can figure, it is a Indo-European variant of Diana which means Divine. 
Pronounced dee-YAH-nah (we think).

6 comments:

MichelleP said...

WOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :):):):):):):):):)

Katie said...

KATIE!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh, I am SO excited and thrilled for you guys! What a wonderful surprise!!!! Sofie is unbelievably adorable, and I can't wait to meet her in person!!!!!!!

Heather Keno said...

Congratulations! I am beyond excited for you guys and for Sofie!! Soon she will be introduced to her forever family!!!

LeAnna said...

ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!! Brought a tear to my eye, I'm so happy for all of you. And she is beautiful.

LeAnna said...

Also, when do you get to pick her up?

emily said...

Congrats again! (Sorry, just finally having a moment to catch up on your blog: ))
Sofie is so cute! And I love the name and all the meaning that goes into it. Beautiful!